Hello all you cool cats and kittens! (lol if you get that reference we’ve been in isolation too long!)
We are here to give YOU, the resilient entrepreneur, some tips and ideas on how to absolutely nail self-isolation!
The Boral Agency team has put together a list of tools, activities, freebies, and restaurants that can help make your day more entertaining and effective!
Please see the below list and feel free to share this with your peers! 🙂
Tip 1: Be a WFH Rockstar
Here are some of the tools we are using every day to make our work-from-home easier!
- Zoom – This the perfect tool to use for your team meetings. You can create daily check-ins with your team, schedule a 1-to-1 meeting with clients or… hold and online networking event through Zoom! Check out how we did it with our virtual networking series!
- Airtable – Eliminating the need to attach files every single time you want to share something with your colleagues. By creating an online excel sheet, collaborating is now much easier.
- Apollohq – Tracking your current project progress with this online project and contact management system. By delegating tasks and tracking time for each project, you are now one step closer to managing your team online!
Tip 2: Incorporate Games and Kindness
Make sure you also schedule some time off! We can’t work all day : ) Here are some fun ideas to try:
- Netflix party – A new way to watch Netflix with your friends online. Netflix Party synchronizes video playback and adds group chat to your favorite Netflix shows.
When the world seems to be filled with bad news only, it’s hard to remember that small acts of kindness can remind us of the joy we as humans can create.
So we decided to take it to the next level and add a fun element!
Each team member has chosen one charity to support.
You can read about each charity and why they are near and dear to each team member’s heart: Spreading Kindness During Covid-19
Tip 3: Let’s Travel & Learn Virtually
Who said we can’t walk through the world’s most famous museums, play with the tigers at the zoo or even take a trip to the theatre, from the comfort of your own home!
And no need to sneak the snacks in!
You can now even have some wine ; )
- MoMa – Virtual exhibitions and views.
- The Louvre – Explore Egyptian antiquities and travel to another era!
- Google Arts and Culture – Take virtual trips to famous venues all around the globe.
- Read a book: Explore new knowledge and find good reads instead of scrolling down your Instagram feed all day! Here’s our personal “Book Club” list: https://bit.ly/3bD6PRi
- Read a blog: Check out our very own blog to learn 6 Actionable Tips to Increase Your Organic Click Through Rate
Tip 4: Hola! Alo! Ciao!
Now is the perfect time to learn a new language. As an entrepreneur you can literally sign up for a virtual event anywhere in the world! Why not impress a few people with your language skills!
- Babbel – Offering free three-month subscriptions for many languages.
- Mango – High speed learning in 70 languages!
- iCulture – Provides immersive articles, videos, and songs.
- Duolingo – Hola! Bonjour! Ciao Bella! Pick from numerous different languages and levels to start your journey on learning a new language!
Tip 5: Bon Appétit
Now that you are fluent in French, why not learn how to cook too!
There are 12 Free Online Cooking Classes You Can Take Right Now! Goodbye cheese sandwich!
- Gordon Ramsey – Why not learn from the best of the best? He has 10 minute videos.
- Antoni Porowski – His Instagram videos include quick tips and lessons on cooking.
- Joe the Baker – Cakes, bread, and cookies galore all through his Facebook live.
Or, if you are tired of cooking, support our fellow small businesses! Here are some of our favorite restaurants:
- Harold’s Heights – Wine down Wednesday, Steak Night Friday, and so many more cool deliveries at great prices and wine! All deliveries are free within a 5-mile radius and all pick-ups, to-go over $50 will receive a $20 gift card!
- Pollo Bravo – Our office’s favorite! Ask anybody in the Boral Agency team, and this will be their ultimate answer when it comes to lunch options. Check them out for to-go!
- Pampa Grill – Mmm Argentinian Steakhouse. I know I need to say no more! Yum Yum!
Tip 6: Sing it out!
If none of the above works and now you are sitting alone with a burnt crème brulee, it’s time to karaoke baby!
Especially if, like me, you have been wondering how you can host your own karaoke party even before social distancing started!
- Karafun – Host a karaoke party with your friends.
- Smule – Build up your singing skills
- TikTok – Impress people with your talent for singing and dancing!
What are you and your family doing for fun these days? Share with us in the comments below!
Tip 7: Stay Active
Let’s burn some calories and stay active! Here are some freebies, so no excuses!
- BeachBodyOnDemand.com – Don’t know what workout/nutrition combination is the best to lose weight? Well…they are offering a 14-day free trial with all on-demand workouts, nutrition, and a virtual coach! Perfect for these 2 weeks.
- OnePeloton.com – Let’s flatten the curve without fattening ours! lol, They are offering free on-demand workouts and they have now extended it for 90 days! Simply download their app and sign up : )
- DoYogaWithMe.com – If you’ve never tried yoga before now is the perfect opportunity to get flexible! Visit their site for 2 months of free yoga online.
We’re All In This Together! We hope you enjoyed our list.
If you are looking to connect with other like minded business professionals and entrepreneurs make sure to check out our weekly virtual networking event!
What are you doing to stay sane while we stay safe at home? Share with us in the comments below!